Here are some unknown Indian fact that very
Indian citizen must know:
- If an officer refuses to file
your FIR, she/he can be sentenced to jail for a period of 6 months to 1 year.
- A single male cannot adopt a
female child and if married then consent of his wife is obligatory.
- Any intruder whoever intends to
insult the modesty of any woman by uttering any word or making any sounds or
gestures shall be imprisoned which may extend to 3 years.
- While driving, if alcohol level
in 100ml blood is more than 30 mg, then the police are liable to arrest you.
- You are entitled to 40 Lakh
rupees in compensation, if your cylinder explodes.
- A pregnant employee cannot be
terminated from her job and if she is, the employer can face jail time of up to
- A rape victim can get herself
examined by a doctor without filing an FIR.
- A female can’t be arrested in
between 6 pm to 6am
- You can walk into hotel (even 5
star) to use the washroom or to get a glass of water.