- The egg yolk’s color is determined by the diet of a hen. It has nothing to do with the nutritional value of an egg. If you break open your egg to find a dark yellow yolk, the chicken was possibly fed green vegetables. A light-yellow yolk would indicate a diet of barley and wheat and a medium-yellow yolk would indicate a diet of alfalfa and corn.
In 1903 the Wright brothers flew for 59 seconds. 38 years later the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. 28 years after that, we landed on the moon.
Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.
- When asked why Steve Jobs had named his company Apple, he said: “Because it came before Atari in the phone book.” Jobs worked for Atari before starting Apple and he also said that he likes apples and that they had to come up with a name by 5 o’clock that day.
- Everyone knows that in 1985 Steve Jobs was fired from Apple. Some might even know that it had to do with a fallout between Steve and John Sculley, Apple’s CEO at the time, but few know exactly in what consisted the disagreement. Well, Steve Jobs wanted to drop the price of the then under performing Macintosh and shift large portion of the advertising budget away from Apple 2 over to the Mac. Sculley disagreed. He argued that price had no bearing into Macintosh’s poor sales, but rather the unimpressive software it ran. Sculley took the matter to the Apple’s Board of Directors which sided with the former Pepsi CEO, thus firing Jobs.
- The moon is moving away from the Earth at a tiny, although measurable, rate every year. 85 million years ago it was orbiting the Earth about 35 feet from the planet’s surface.
- A ten-year-old mattress weighs double what it did when it was new due to debris that it absorbs over time. That debris includes dust mites (their droppings and decaying bodies), mold, millions of dead skin cells, dandruff, animal and human hair, secretions, excretions, lint, pollen, dust, soil, sand, and a lot of perspiration, which the average person loses at a rate of a quart a day.
- It is physically impossible for you to lick your elbow.
- Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different.
- The world’s youngest parents were age 8 and 9. They lived in China and had their child in 1910.
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and the chocolate bar in his pocket melted.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple
- According to many language experts, the most difficult kind of phrase to create is a palindrome, a sentence or group of sentences that reads the same backward and forward. A few examples:Red rum, sir, is murder.Ma is as selfless as I am.Nurse, I spy gypsies. Run!A man, a plan, a canal – Panama.He lived as a devil, eh?
- There is a bar in London that sells vaporized vodka, which is inhaled instead of sipped.
- 12% of people dream entirely in black and whiteBefore colour television was introduced, only 15% of people dreamt in colour whilst older people dream in black and white more often than younger people. It’s all here in this study.